Cleared my ADM 211 Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (SP15) exam!

ADM 211 Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (SP15)

Tackling ADM 211

I recently completed my Salesforce.com ADM 211 Advanced Administrator exam. I used a lot of great material available on various blogs/websites for revision, and I just wanted to share those resources here for anyone else working towards this.

Good luck in your own exam.

Revising


Here's a list of my recommended study materials:

  • Salesforce.com Study Guide

This study guide is the best starting point for any revision planning. I spent a lot of time looking at the % weighting of each exam section in order to prioritise my learning.

The study guide also signposts several e-learning modules in the Premier Catalogue which proved really useful.

http://certification.salesforce.com/SG_CertifiedAdvancedAdministrator.pdf?v=18

  • Salesforce Premier Online Training Catalogue

If you have access to the Premier catalogue, I'd highly recommend working through the modules recommended by the Study Guide. Several of my exam questions were taken directly from these so it was definitely worth completing them.

If you don't have access to the Premier catalogue, I'd recommend extra time in Trailhead to compensate.

http://www.salesforce.com/uk/services-training/training_certification/training.jsp

  • Trailhead 

Trailhead is a fantastic FREE resource from Salesforce where you earn badges and complete configuration challenges directly in a Sandbox acccount.

Rather than just learn the theory behind Saleforce.com configuration you get the chance to complete challenges directly in your Developer ORG. You then get your challenges automatically validated by Salesforce.com to see if you were right.

Warning: Badge gathering can get seriously addictive.

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead

  • SFDC 99

David Liu's website is excellent for developing Salesforce.com knowledge. I was really sad to hear that David is moving on to another project and won't be able to keep the site updated in future but it's got a ton of great material on there to continue studying from.

http://www.sfdc99.com/2014/10/02/guide-to-passing-all-salesforce-certifications/

  • Revision Questions

Here are 2 test question sets that I revised from regularly. (Double check each limit question with the current Salesforce.com documenation as they might date over time).

The Exam

During the exam I first answered all of the questions I felt most confident about. I marked any I was unsure about for "Review" which is a nice feature of the Salesforce exams.

Once I'd completed that, I still had 60 minutes remaining so I started my 2nd read through. This allowed me to concentrate on those trickier questions.

After the 2nd read through I had reduced the number of questions marked for review down to about 10 and this allowed me to spend the last part of the exam focusing on those.

With about 10 minutes before the end of the exam I used a technique I found on this blog to add up the total number of questions and estimate my % correct. The estimate looked good so I submitted the exam and waited eagerly for the result.

http://www.merivisblog.com/study-salesforce-admin-exam/

I was so happy when the screen came up to confirm the pass!

The Questions

I don't have a photographic memory but here are the questions that I remember from the day.
  1. What should you do before you activate entitlements?
  2. What would be the correct process be when merging 2 Accouts with duplicate Contacts in each? 
  3. Which type of Sandbox would be best to use for training? It will need to be refreshed after each training session.
  4. A user has asked for a new custom field to be added to a custom object. If you are unable to complete the request in time what could you do to enable that user to add themselves?
  5. Choose 2 differences between Role Hierarchy and Territory Management
  6. 5 different team leaders want to receive a scheduled Dashboard every Monday with just their team information on it. How would you set this up?
  7. A manager wants a dashboard to display his reports cases, accounts, and opportunities. How would you set this up?
  8. A user has requested leave but their approval manager is currently on leave. How would you prevent this leave request being stalled in future?
  9. A user cannot access content, how would you fix this?
  10. A user with the Salesforce Content checkbox ticked on their user record cannot access a library, how would you resolve this?
  11. A user has had their "Create content packs" permission removed, what actions could they still perform on the ccontent?
  12. A user has requested approval from his manager. This has not been received by the manager, how would you debug this?
  13. What type of report would show accounts with no closed/won opportunities?
  14. How could you show a count of closed/won opportunities on the account object?
  15. What information do you need to give the Force.com IDE during a change set deployment?
  16. The company wants to store applicats and positions. An applicat may apply for multiple positions. When the applicant is deleted, all of their applications for positions should be deleted, how would you accomplish this?
  17. What should you consider before activating Territory Management?
  18. What are 2 features of Territory Management?
  19. What are 2 feaures of Collaborative Forecasts?
  20. What elements of the opportunity roll up to the Forecast?
  21. A user has Read only access to cases on her profile. How would you enable her to have edit access?
  22. A manager cannot access a contact record that belongs to someone they manage. Why could this be?
  23. A manager cannot access a contact record belonging to their direct report. The grant access via hierarchies is ticked. Why can they not access it?
  24. A manager has requested a dashboard showing how many outstanding cases there are each day at 5pm, how would you create this?

Final step

Finally, once I had my exam result I took the approach recommended by David Liu on his website www.sfdc99.com and I updated my LinkedIn photo to show off my new badge in all of its glory.



Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who posts such great Salesforce learning and revision content out there.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrian - many thanks for your post comment - Apologies, I managed to delete it but I've just restored it - responses below - good luck in your exam:

      Number 3: It's either Developer or Developer Pro right?

      Developer Pro from memory - increased space with same 1 day refresh - and hinted in the Salesforce docs: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_environments.htm

      Number 4: delegated administrator?

      Yes - lots of questions in the exam about empowering users on custom objects

      Number 6:
      Number 7:
      Number 8:
      Number 9:
      Number 10:
      Number 12:
      Number 13: Crossfliter?

      I believe so

      Number 14: Roll up summary field?

      Yes

      Number 15:
      Number 16: Master detail relationship?

      Yes

      Number 21:
      Number 22:
      Number 23:
      Number 24:

      Also your post is really informative, thanks a lot.

      No problem - good luck with your exam

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I gave my Sales force advance adm 301 last week and I remember the similar questions which you have mentioned, But I couldn't clear my exam im taking a retake next week,I would appreciate and be thankful if you can share the answers for the same so that I can recheck and prepare accordingly.

    and also if you have anymore information on the questions would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anil, even I got the same questions but couldn't clear...When are you taking your retest?

      Delete
  4. I recently cleared my adm 211 Here are the answers for the above questions as far I remember and hope it will someone:

    2. Merge the accounts and merge the contacts.
    3. developer Pro
    4. Make the user as delegated administrator on the custom object
    5. a) User can be part of multiple territories.
    b) Limitations on the forecasts.
    6. Create a single dashboard and use the filters for 5 users and schedule it.
    7. Dynamic dashboard with filters.
    8. Email Log.
    10. a) check the user profile has salsforce crm content checked.
    b) Check the viewer permissions on library
    11. Edit the title and description.
    12. Email log
    13. Cross filter for all without including reports.
    14. Formula field
    15. a)username and password.
    b) metadata components to be deployed
    c) Target org to be deployed.
    16. Many to many realtionship(when position is deleted the applications are deleted and vice versa)
    20. Opportunity amount
    21. sharing rule
    23. sharing rules is controlled by parent and this account maynot be under that manager
    24. reporting snapshot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Answer to Question 6 is wrong in my opinion.
      Is it possible to schedule a dashboard with filters?

      Delete
    4. That's a good catch Monika we can't schedule or email a dashboard with filters on the OOO configuration. So inorder to schedule for 5 members we need to have 5 different dashboards then not sure if this an option

      Delete
    5. Hi Monika and Harish - many thanks for your comments - lets hope that a future version removes the need to have 5 different dashboards scheduled. I found this post on the success community for Salesforce.com to make this change so watch this space: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000l13uAAA

      Delete
    6. Thanks. I cleared advanced admin yesterday..

      Delete
    7. Thanks. I cleared advanced admin yesterday..

      Delete
    8. Hi All,
      I am taking exam soon, my first concern is - Is this ADM 211 ? or ADM 301 ? or should I not bother about this ?
      I have booked Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (summer) exam.

      Delete
    9. Hi Thejasvi, many people still refer to it as ADM 211 but I believe official curriculum is now ADM 301 - good luck in the exam

      Delete
    10. Congratulations Monika - great job :)

      Delete
  5. @Bharath: If you are premier user you should have access to the online courses which is mentioned in the study guide of advanced administrator. Work on these videos & online documentation and make a note of all imp points for a quick reference of 1 day before the exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point Harish, I think the Premier catalogue is excellent. The immediate feedback from Trailhead on whether you got something right or wrong is also really useful

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to your help I passed the Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator Certification Exam this morning, after passing the Salesforce.com Administrator Certification Exam last week! Thanks again...Sales Cloud is next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Mike! :) That's excellent news. Good luck in your next accreditation, I'm currently working towards Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant as well. I'll do a write up on that one shortly but I'm finding these 2 summaries really helpful and just wanted to send them your way:

      http://www.sfdc99.com/2014/10/02/guide-to-passing-all-salesforce-certifications/

      http://www.salesforceben.com/sales-cloud-exam-resources/

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guys,

    I cleared my sales cloud and service cloud last week and would like to share some tips which can help you.The questions in this exam are very long and scenario based try to read it carefully atleast twice bcoz you can find the answer in the question itself. Look into the Sharing architecture a lot since it has lot of weight-age. Make sure with in and out of opportunity management like the sales stages and its mapping with forecast categories along with the sales processes, record types and page layouts. let me know if I can help you guys with anything on the certification preparation.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Iain,

    Your blog was a great help, have included its reference in mine. Pls visit for latest patterns http://adm211or301.blogspot.in/

    Thanks a lot !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment